What would you buy next time?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
commando

What would you buy next time?

Post by commando »

It has been rightly stated in an earlier post that, if Roland had addressed all the well-documented shortcomings of the Stage, it would have been a dynamite stage keyboard. Unfortunately, Roland have demonstrated that they have no intention of doing so nor have they any interest in supporting Stage owners. They are clearly too busy creating a never-ending string of new models to saturate the market-place.

In light of this, which keyboard would you now buy that would give similar potential features to those that the Stage promised? Is there another Roland product that you could live with on stage? Or are you unsettled by Roland as a company and would you look to another make? If so, which and why?
muzicmaken

Re: What would you buy next time?

Post by muzicmaken »

To be honest, I'm not a professional keyboardist nor do I claim to be any good, but after trying out a lot of keyboards, the yamaha mm6, korg microstation and owning a korg triton Le, I absolutely love my Roland Stage, and have been contemplating getting another Stage because of the expandability that the other keyboards in it's price range and even higher does not offer.

For my needs if I was to get another (if not another Stage, of course if I could afford it it would be a NORD) but I like the Korg PS60 61-Key Performance Synthesizer it is very performance friendly and is geared more toward the performing musician. I'm trying to find out how the velocity because it does have semi-weighted keys..It only has 440 sounds with six sound categories such as; pianos, e-pianos, organs, strings, brass, synth. It has Korg's latest EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated) sound technology.

I want to read more on the Korg PS60 from what I have read it sounds like it would be decent and the videos shows that the keyboard is very easy to operate without reading the manual. So I may end up buying one and later pick up another Stage..unless i come into some money and am able to buy a Motif or a Nord... just my 2 cents ;)

ken
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

I've got two hands, and only one Juno Stage, I'd buy another also. Unless I somehow manage to get a third hand, then I'd buy two more. Scratch that, I'd just hold a beer with the third hand while I play.
muzicmaken

Post by muzicmaken »

Well I bit the bullet and bought the Korg PS60 should be here by Monday. I actually called to buy the JS but they had no more and said it was discontinued...That's a shame because I feel the the Stage is just that a great keyboard for stage use. A lot of us do not need or want a workstation and need a board for playing live that easily accessible that's what I love about the Stage (in this price point). I don't think even the Juno Gi or Di is even close to the Stage, (maybe the 76 keys that I like).

After reviewing and watching a lot of videos of other keyboards like the MM6 and so on the PS60 won hands down IMO...

I do plan on watching for a used or NOS Stage ....

ken
jdpeffer

Post by jdpeffer »

Well, not the stage. It has a lot of problems and is practicaly not usable when playing it live!

Instead got the Yamaha S70 which is great, it does what it supposed to do.
muzicmaken

Post by muzicmaken »

If your budget allows you to get a Yamaha S70 why would one want to get a Stage? At that price point you have a lot more options other than the Stage, I'd rather have a Nord or Korg Kronos than the Stage. I guess I'm lucky I have no complaints with the Stage it does exactly what I need it to do and more...