Effect settings not saved in Performance mode!

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Warbler73

Effect settings not saved in Performance mode!

Post by Warbler73 »

Is there a bug in the Juno Stage?

I just made a new performance from the User Performance 002, added a split point, some chorus and reverb to the upper patch, and some more reverb to the lower patch. Saving the performance aftewards should save those settings along with it, right?

It doesn't. The next time I select that Performance it's back to the way it was before I started editing the effects (the split point and patches I selected are still there, but the effects are, mysteriously, reset).

Did I miss something?
donutninja

Re: Effect settings not saved in Performance mode!

Post by donutninja »

It depends how you added the chorus/reverb. If you changed the numbers on the routing page via the effects edit menu, that seems to change the effects at patch level. In order to save that, you have to save the patches individually as user patches, then afterwards save the performance. If you've changed a patch, and not done this save, a dialog box will come up when you try to write the performance telling you that the patch changes you made will be lost if you continue.

There is also a chorus/reverb tab on the mixer page that will allow you to add them at the performance level, and not affect the effects routing. If you do it this way, you won't have to save the patches first. However, you're still limited by the values being sent to chorus and reverb via the effects routing. So if you really want to crank the reverb, max out the values on the effects routing page AND on the mixer page.

Hope that made some sense!
Warbler73

Post by Warbler73 »

Yes, that seems to work. Thanks!
wakerickman

Post by wakerickman »

hi i also have same problem saving effects in perf mode. could you please read my detailed lenthy post under " re problem modifying effects in new performances" paying attention that i want my edited patch within the performance to save the patch exactly same program position its all ready in, but note, as far as i can see i cant understand how, and this is the biggist crucial problem,[ witch other postings on the subject dont address] how can you save an edited patch within the perf if that patch is an ,obviosly, an unwriterble preset as it could be ? does that mean that you have to/ its a/ make/an edited copy of the preset in a compleat diferant user patch memory location ? ie when it askes you wear you want to save the edited patch [what would you do if you have run out of user patch memoreis ? [but possably still loads of perf memories,] luckaly i do still have a lot of user patch memories left]. so as it says in my lenthy post could some one please give me an idiots "programing for dummies" button by button [witch one[s]/order] that i need to do/ follow to solve my problem ? the manuel doesnt exsplain any of this. ? so any help would be greatly appreatiatly ? cheers wakerickman