Juno Vocoder in performance

Forum for JUNO STAGE
MrNelsonB

Juno Vocoder in performance

Post by MrNelsonB »

Just wondering if the Juno-Stage is designed so that the vocoder will work in a performance? I want to split the keyboard with Piano on Lower and VocoderChrs on upper but I can't hear the vocoder effect in the Upper part? Any suggestions?

MrNelsonB
FanTC

Re: Juno Vocoder in performance

Post by FanTC »

Do you get a useable sound out of the vocoder? I've tried it and I couldn't get it to work properly. The only thing it did was trigger my sound on my voice and the attack was gone but nothing special. And I was hoping we could play "let's groove tonight" with the band.
MrNelsonB

Post by MrNelsonB »

That's the same song I want to play!!
nonchalantsavant

Post by nonchalantsavant »

I set up a vocoder/elec pno split for the same song, but put the vocoder patch in the bottom/lefthand part. Works fine for me.

The vocoder ain't great, but it's good enough (particularly in context during a live performance) to make the song sound fairly authentic. That said, I have to REALLY over-enunciate when I'm performing it.
MrNelsonB

Post by MrNelsonB »

I had to set up Let's groove tonight the same way. It feels odd not playing the rhythm part with my left hand. But then again, when playing Beat it the right hand is the vocoder sound. How did we ever get along before playing music became so complicated?