Just a little upgrade???

Forum for JUNO STAGE
DennAbelFrank

Just a little upgrade???

Post by DennAbelFrank »

Hi everybody. I've found this synth some days ago. For the first look it was great! Big, nice sounds good, more sounds, more, more, more. Than yesterday I played my 5 years old RS-50. Watched some videos way back from namm 2003. Watched the videos and images of J-S again and had lost any wish to get this "BEST FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE" synth. I think if JS comes 5 years ago that would be the coolest ever machine!
Why did I actually start the topic?
1. The knobs - if i still belive my eyes they've lost a lot of functions - JS: attack, release, cutoff, resonance. RS-50: attack, decay, release, cutoff, resonance, lfo controls. JS also has mEQ and reverb, but as for me these are fix parameters which I make at home.
2. Layer/split - I hope it is just a joke!!! Where are the zones, overlays, velocity??? I can layer or split just 2 patches???? This is not even funny.
3. Ins/Outs where are the individuals????? I have a Korg also and now I can't even imagine a giging without any aditional individual out. Mic in is really cool
4. Still no aftertouch, but it had been discussed in other topic__________________________
mother of the bride dress
discount weddingdresses
Wedding Veils
wladymeer

Re: Just a little upgrade???

Post by wladymeer »

2. Right there under performance button. You can layer and split up to 16 patches. But in case you want some on-the-fly split/layer with two sounds you can use that function.
3. To be honest I cannot imagine gigging with individual out. However, you do have individual output for playback in case you want it.
4, You can achieve aftertouch over pedal or d-beam if you want it that badly.
Studio5397

Re: Just a little upgrade???

Post by Studio5397 »

Huge upgrade. About a year ago, I was doing a church gig where they had an RS-5. I just bought the Juno Stage. It is a huge upgrade. The sound engine alone provides extended quality. In addition, the Pro Edit features give extensive sound modification options. The wave sample set is also vastly improved and upgraded. The piano and Rhodes sounds for one are exactly the same as that of my RD700SX. Additionally, the Hammond sounds provide a decent model with the VS Rotary feature. Having played a Fantom X series quite a bit, it seems to me that both the patch set and the sound engine on this unit is the same as the Fantom X.