New to the Roland Clan -Juno Stage question

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Rickmar

New to the Roland Clan -Juno Stage question

Post by Rickmar »

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I am very seriously considering purchasing a new in the box Juno-Stage.
I have heard the Juno Stage has a few issues, I do not know they are accurate.
The OS and some quality control issues have followed the board and is now discontinued.
Could you tell me of any know issues of the Juno Stage?
Are you happy with your Juno Stage and if you had to do it all over again.... would you?
Any information will be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Rick
donutninja

Re: New to the Roland Clan -Juno Stage question

Post by donutninja »

I use my Juno Stage live several times/week, and have never had an issue with it.
Rickmar

Post by Rickmar »

Thank you Donutninja,
Your information is very much appreciated.
All the best,
Rick
commando

Post by commando »

It is well worth slogging through previous posts and links relating to the Stage, since they all expose issues but also offer helpful advice. There is always room for improvement with any software-driven electronics and the Stage has its limitations and oddities. Nonetheless, it is still good value for the money and can be made to generate really great sounds.
I use mine live on-the-fly without any USB overlays, since seat-of-the-pants playing is all I really know. I have come back into live music after a complete 35 year lay-off, so I have this massive gap in my experience. I retired in the days of Hammond, VOX Continental and Farfisa and rejoined the band scene amid a swathe of synthesisers about which I knew nothing and had no experience whatsoever. It is a big hill to climb!
I like the relative simplicity of the Stage, its light weight and quick access to different sounds. You have to spend hours learning its foibles but I now feel comfortable playing live with it. It could have been so much better, but other posts have covered that.
Roland have not got it quite right but within their price constraints I guess compromises have to be made. Unfortunately, most Stage users feel that, with all their experience, Roland should have been a bit nearer the mark with features helpful to live playing. The Stage provides a good library of rich Roland sounds and I am still glad I bought mine, even with its limitations and quirks. Its a lot of kit for the money.
Rickmar

Post by Rickmar »

Hi commando,
Thank you for your very helpful information, I appreciate it very much.
Congratulations on your come back after 35 years.
The days of Hammond, VOX Continental and Farfisa (Those were the days my friend, those were the days).
All the best,
Rick