MIDI sysex dump & Librarian Question

Forum for JUNO STAGE
bill joseph

MIDI sysex dump & Librarian Question

Post by bill joseph »

Two quick questions-

Is it possible to initiate a MIDI sysex data dump out the MIDI OUT jack of the Juno-Stage? I have the Line6 MIDI Mobilizer and its MIDI Recorder iPhone App which can store sysex dumps from MIDI devices. This would seem to be useful, since only one USB backup can be stored per USB thumbdrive!

Also, when using the Juno-Stage Librarian on a Mac, there is a button which will send a library patch to the Juno and then play a short sequence to demo the patch. There is a button to the right of that which will stop the playback of that demo- but I just want to demo the patch by playing on the Juno's keyboard. It seems silly to press two buttons to be able to demo a patch! Is there a workaround for this?

I hope my questions are clear-Thanks in advance for your help!
A3-jan

Re: MIDI sysex dump & Librarian Question

Post by A3-jan »

Hi Bill,

This is my first time here.

I have had also the same problem about the midi dump.
Now i found out that you can't make it with the JS, but you can do it with the Editor software which is included or dowloaded from the roland-site.
You just load the perfromance or patch settings in the software and use export to midifile to create an short midifile containing Sysexec data!

1 problem (which i have encountered and didn't solved yet) when you load the Sysexec data, the synth is using the right sounds, but the keyboard doesn't contains the right pathes/perfomances!

greetings

A3-jan