Juno Stage Rhodes Sounds

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Studio5397

Juno Stage Rhodes Sounds

Post by Studio5397 »

I just picked up a Juno Stage largely for its 76 key format with the Fantom sound engine at an affordable price. I also love the midi controller function switch because I often use a Roland SH32 Analog Modeler module and Native Instruments soft synths. This makes it very easy for me to switch on the fly and makes it necessary for me to carry a third board. (I also play a Roland RD 700SX which has similar features that I use with my one non Roland unit, a Triton Rack.)

In the final analysis, I dumped my Yamaha Motif ES 6 to score this unit. While I love so many of the new textures and sounds in the Roland, I loved many of the sounds in the Yamaha. Thus, I did have some concerns. However, the Roland kicks Yamaha's but on the grand piano side for sure, but I still have in the past favored Yamaha's Rhodes sounds. That is until I got into tweaking some of the Roland sounds. I have actually surpassed the Yamaha sounds now, improving greatly on the stock Rhodes patches. I even have the famed Dyno-My-Piano (that 80s David Foster sound) patches down to the letter. Additionally, I have found that the Roland sample set is more satisfying in putting together new patches, especially when it comes to synth patches. The Roland filters sound infinitely better for synth. The wave patterns also provide a better palette overall.

Michael
Studio5397 (keys)