I hate that darn Gramaphone sound

Forum for JUNO STAGE
MrNelsonB

I hate that darn Gramaphone sound

Post by MrNelsonB »

Hi everyone:

So I've turned Favorites on and I'm playing one of the favorite patches and the next song requires I switch to the MIDI controller. When I press the Midi Controller button the preset sound Gramaphone ALWAYS sounds. I tried changing the sound to something else and writing the MIDI settings but that didn't work. Would anyone know how to set it so any other sound but that one comes up when you press the MIDI Controller button? If I turn Favorites on and go back to MID controller the sound is there again.
Any suggestion, much appreciated. Thanks
Nelson B
V-CeeOh

Re: I hate that darn Gramaphone sound

Post by V-CeeOh »

I not sure but I think that you must select a new Patch and then do a System writing.
MrNelsonB

Post by MrNelsonB »

OK. I tried selecting a new patch and then pressing Write. When I turn favorites on and press the MIDI controller button the Gramaphone sound comes back again.

I also tried selecting a new patch, pressing MIDI controller button again and then pressing Write.
A message comes up saying MIDI controller Write Settings Completed. After this I turned favorites on again and pressed MIDI controller button again. The Gramaphone sound is back. It's almost like pressing the favorites button resets the sound back to Gramaphone.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Having to go back and reset the sound every time I use the keyboard as a MIDI controller slows down making changes between songs.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

I think you skipped the last one... or I was not clear enough ;-)
Change the patch, go to MENU, do a System write. Still, I'm not sure about this.
Tell me how it went.
MrNelsonB

Post by MrNelsonB »

Yea I must be missing something. Change the patch, go to Menu and System is showing as the first choice. Press Write key and the display comes up with Write Menu to either Patch or Performance. Press Write to save Performance. I tried this again with the same results.
In trying to diagnose this problem I noticed something odd:
OK. The procedure is Favorite > MIDI Controller and the GP sound is there.
If the Favorite is a PATCH, the GP sound is ALWAYS there.
If the Favorite is a PERFORMANCE, the GP sound is NOT there.
Am I making any sense at all? Just wondering.
Boy this is frustrating.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Ok, here's a step-by-step:

1. Change the patch
2. Press [MENU].
3.Select "1. System”
4. Press the [ENTER].
5. [In this case you skip any parameter editing. Forget this step]
6. Press [7 (WRITE)]. This is NOT the actual WRITE switch on the front panel but the Write function you select with switch number 7, under de display.

This is how you do a SYSTEM WRITE

Hope this helps
MrNelsonB

Post by MrNelsonB »

Hi:
I appreciate the time you're taking to explain this procedure to me. I wouldn't blame you if you just ignored my post.
OK - I change the patch, press menu, select 1.System and press Enter. Not concerned with parameter settings. The screen now shows Key Switch, Control, Key Rang, MIDI etc. - #7 key shows PartView.
I don't see Write. Are we at different screens?

NB
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Those dammed fu#$&%$ menus... ;-)

See, I don't have the Juno. I know that the "System Write" procedure usually memorizes the current patch for when you turn ON Fantoms/Junos keyboards. I don't know if this is true for the Stage. I hope so.
The screen now shows Key Switch, Control, Key Rang, MIDI etc. - #7 key shows PartView. I don't see Write. Are we at different screens?
"
Somehow we are. "System Write" is described on the manual, page 145.
http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manu ... AGE_e2.pdf

Could you please follow it and see what you get. I hope we get this solved :-)
MrNelsonB

Post by MrNelsonB »

I read the info on System Write but it didn't help me. I think my best bet is to make sure all my Favorites are performances and not patches. This uses up alot of performances so now I have another problem. Can I backup more than one set of user data to the USB memory stick? The manual doesn't address this issue.

You know sometimes this is like banging your head against the wall because it feels so good when you stop.
Playing with a real band was more fun but I can't find musicians anymore. Thanks for your help. NB