Sampling or not

Forum for JUNO STAGE
LeonarddR

Sampling or not

Post by LeonarddR »

Hey Folks,

Some days ago, i have been able to buy myself a Juno-Stage. I've done lots of stuff with it, and i really like the keys and sound of the unit. I however have the following question, as some things are not clear for me concerning user sampling.

According to this website, the Juno-Stage is not able to play or record user samples, like the Juno-G can. So, no possibility to put wave sounds on some ram and play them using the stage. However, this site suggests that it is for sure able to expand your Juno-Stage with third party sounds. I know we have the srx-bords which can be put in the Stage, so you can expand your sounds library, but isn't this last site talking about non-srx solutions?

Can anyone help me out? Is the Juno-Stage able to play samples from ram or not, like the Juno-G? If so, is there a tutorial available to get used to the process? Is multisampling also limited to drumkits only?

Thanks in advance,
Leonard
Chrisk-K

Re: Sampling or not

Post by Chrisk-K »

The site talks about new patches.
amokaman

Post by amokaman »

Install the Juno Stage Editor on your PC .. included is the Libarian program .. you load user patches
into Libarian from the Stage .. save them on PC .. update the list .. etc .. add new from 3rd party patch files ... then load patches back to the Juno Stage.

Using the PC based Stage Editor program you can tweek sounds .. it is much easier PC mouse and keyboard .. well that is if you have a good DAW setup with screen right in front of you .. etc ..
HillbillyWannaB

Post by HillbillyWannaB »

They would need to be SMF (.mid) files in order to load them onto the Juno right?