Is the Juno multi-timbral??

Forum for JUNO STAGE
MrNelsonB

Is the Juno multi-timbral??

Post by MrNelsonB »

Can you play one performance part from the internal keyboard while playing a different performance part via an external keyboard connected into the MIDI in?

I tried this but my Juno only outputs the part pointed to on the performance display.
bYOndo

Re: Is the Juno multi-timbral??

Post by bYOndo »

Yes, of course you can,
you have to turn off "remote keyboard switch" and "usb midi thru" in the midi system options.
In the performance you have to deactivate (if active) the "keyb" switch of the part/s you want to play with the external keyboard, and assign the correct midi channel.
Regarding the juno keyboard that plays the pointed part, I'm afraid it's a bug, it's not a normal behaviour. You can reproduce it by changing the knobs controlled part too; even if that part it's not "keyb" active, it plays. Very strange.
In the same way it's strange my pointed problem, the post above yours. I think it's even related to this one (there's a fault in the performance midi management IMHO).

regards
Massimo
MrNelsonB

Re: Is the Juno multi-timbral??

Post by MrNelsonB »

I'm trying to remotely control a Juno from an Axiom 49. It doesn't seem to matter which MIDI channel the Axiom is set to - the sound that is played is always the one that is pointed to on the performance display.
I think you're right about this being a bug. Thanks for the post