Wave files as patches?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
HillbillyWannaB

Wave files as patches?

Post by HillbillyWannaB »

Can wave files be loaded via the librarian editor, or do they have to be in a certain format? I have a CD of vintage synths and there are a couple of sounds I'd like to load on to my Stage as patches. They're all in wave files though and I was wondering how or if you can do that.

Thanks
muzikman2008

Re: Wave files as patches?

Post by muzikman2008 »

You cannot use WAV files as patches in the Juno (or any other synth) they are audio files.
Patch data is "data" that uses the sample Sounds stored in your Juno, to create a sound... such as ADSR, LFO, Volume, Filter data etc...

WAV files can be used as "samples" and played using a sampling keyboard, or player, such as Fantom, Triton, workstations.
Kabanga

Wave files as patches

Post by Kabanga »

i think someone have to make an samsungwave emulator, and can test everyting a good emulator that workt like a wave xD
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

muzikman2008 wrote:You cannot use WAV files as patches in the Juno (or any other synth) they are audio files.
Patch data is "data" that uses the sample Sounds stored in your Juno, to create a sound... such as ADSR, LFO, Volume, Filter data etc...

WAV files can be used as "samples" and played using a sampling keyboard, or player, such as Fantom, Triton, workstations.
Well, actually You can, if the synth comes with SAMPLER (Like Fantom)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Catarsis wrote:
muzikman2008 wrote:You cannot use WAV files as patches in the Juno (or any other synth) they are audio files.

Well, actually You can, if the synth comes with SAMPLER (Like Fantom)
Unfortunately NO, as Juno-Stage has no Sampler.
The best way is to build it from scratch using the Editor. It's a lot of fun doing our own patches, I'll assure you