Creating these synth sounds

Forum for JUNO STAGE
theleontan

Creating these synth sounds

Post by theleontan »

So I recently got a Roland Juno Stage, mainly to jam with my friends. But I just have a few questions, first of all, what is the actual role of synth in a pop/rock sorta band? I've been listening to Killers and The New Cities as a bit of a rough guide on the things I can do, any other suggestions?

The Juno Stage has an arrpegiator and some sounds with pulsating rhythms, the problem is everytime I try to play along with my friends it is always out of time, is there a trick or way to change the specific sounds so it accommodates with the rest of the band?

Also, the Juno Stage has no sequencer, but is it still possible to mimic the synth part from 1:03 to around 1:23, i mean the repetitive rhythmic synth part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWSkzM4F0Q

It's ALL too confusing. :s

Cheers
andrejba

Re: Creating these synth sounds

Post by andrejba »

you can configure patches in editor.
save factory pulsating preset as user patch, start editor, find saved patch, and there is in editor (dont know where exactly) speed, change numbers to notes (half note, ...) or maybe factory patches has already speed in notes. Save.
Create performance, layer user patch you saved and set performance tempo same as song you want to play.
Hope this help
a.
Chrisk-K

Re: Creating these synth sounds

Post by Chrisk-K »

Also, the Juno Stage has no sequencer, but is it still possible to mimic the synth part from 1:03 to around 1:23, i mean the repetitive rhythmic synth part.
There are lots of synth bass sounds in JS. You can choose one that's close and play with your hand. No need to use a sequencer.