Midi disconnect when using patch/perf option

Forum for JUNO STAGE
bob hoxter

Midi disconnect when using patch/perf option

Post by bob hoxter »

I've solved my previous dilemma regarding how to get the Stage to talk to my Hammond XK3c via midi. If anyone else needs help, just let me know. I was able to get the two units to operate as a dual keyboard Hammond organ in midi mode and still select the performance button to play the Stage as a standalone keyboard. When choosing the performance option, apparently the midi transmission is stopped.

However, here's the headache now and one which I will need help on. Whenever I select patch mode to build a performance, I wind up having the stage still play the organ sounds simultaneously. So I then have (for instance) piano and whatever drawbar selection at the moment, playing together. I would like to also play patch's as well as favorite buttons but they activate the dual voice problem. Any thoughts on how to program the Stage to drop midi transmission when in patch/favorite mode? Is there also any way to play a percussion selection when in midi mode without previously adding it to the performance? In other words, use the percussion feature on the fly, so to speak. In a perfect world for my needs, I would have all midi transmission stop unless the Stage is in "midi" mode. Any thoughts? Thanks for viewing and hopefully someone else has tried and solved this.

Bob
Doghouse65

Re: Midi disconnect when using patch/perf option

Post by Doghouse65 »

Hi Bob

I dont have a solution to your problem I'm afraid but I am interested in your Hammond solution. I use my Stage with a Hammond XK-1 and seeing your post got me thinking that I my could do with another manual rather than using one of the sounds from the Stage. Do you think it might work? If so I would like to hear about how you do it with your 3c.

Thanks
bob hoxter

Re: Midi disconnect when using patch/perf option

Post by bob hoxter »

I'm sorry for responding so late. Are you asking for information on how to make the stage work as a lower manual? I can give you that no problem. If you're asking how to program another brand of keyboard to work, I"m afraid you're on your own there. You might be able to experiment and see if what works with the stage might work on another brand. I guess when you think about it, midi is midi.

Bob