New user wanting how to split on performance

Forum for JUNO STAGE
PaulLav78

New user wanting how to split on performance

Post by PaulLav78 »

Hi All,

Still trying to get to grips with settings. I have created a sound in performance, want to have this in the left side (on a split) then create another sound for the other side of the split. Now when I come to select this when the split settings are called up I cannot find the sound I have created? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but just need a few pointers?

Newby needs help please!!!
andrejba

Re: New user wanting how to split on performance

Post by andrejba »

I am not working with split button. I created performences for songs and it works well.
By default on performance only two layers (1 and 2) are switched ON, if you have more than two patches in performance, make sure, that layers 3 and more are "ON" (KBD SW function button).
Easiest way for creation of perf or patches for me is software Patch Editor. Also it is important, that no efects settings is transfered with patches to performance mode. Effects must be created again in performance mode.
PaulLav78

Post by PaulLav78 »

Thank you very much for your help! So just to clarify when creating a split in performance, only two layers are aloud in each side? One more thing is the software Patch Editor similar to a cubase package for Roland?

Thanks
Paul
andrejba

Post by andrejba »

No, it is only two layers (upper/lower), if you want to add layer 3,4,5... you must switch them ON and it is up to you, how you set up key range, if layer 3 will be in the lower part or upper. Of course you can set key range also for first two layers. You can have all layers everywhere you want (and overlay them).
Patch editor is communicating only with JS and working only with internal patches and perf. and back up them on comp. it is not DAW soft.
LogicSong

Post by LogicSong »

andrejba wrote: Also it is important, that no efects settings is transfered with patches to performance mode. Effects must be created again in performance mode.
How do you transfer a patch with no effects??? I always seem to be stuck with the effects that are assigned to the preset or user patch when I create performances.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Hey LogicSong,

As far as I know in the performance settings you can set the FX source for every effect (reverb, chorus, MFX1-3). You can set this to part 1-16 or PERFORMANCE. This might me something to experiment for you. Reading this and your previous questions it might be a good idea to read the manual from start to end. I don't mean to me rude or anything, but RTFM comes to mind ;) -I know, this is not a suitable answer on a forum- But seriously, all the settings you need are described in the manual very clearly. You still need to experiment (a lot!) untill you get a grip of all the parameters, but I can assure you, in time it will become easy to set up patches and performances exactly meeting your needs.