NEED HELP FOR NEWBIE PLEASE , PATCH REMAINING

Forum for JUNO STAGE
perng

NEED HELP FOR NEWBIE PLEASE , PATCH REMAINING

Post by perng »

I have got my juno stage for several months, but i can just still use only the basic function.
Here the problems I've got. They are about "PATCH REMAINING"

1.) I usually play live music so i decided to buy Stage, the problem is when i go to MENU - SYSTEM - GENERAL
and turn the PATCH REMAIN from OFF to ON in both POWER UP MODEs -- PATCH and PERFORM. For the sounds in the patch mode - when i change sound it has got a cut for milliseconds and that is annoying so much.

2.) When i turn the PATCH REMAIN ON, it does not effect in my FAVORITE at all.

Is there any of my settings wrong?
PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU SO MUCH

perng, THAILAND
commando

Re: NEED HELP FOR NEWBIE PLEASE , PATCH REMAINING

Post by commando »

This time delay / cut in sound whilst changing from one patch or performance to another is something that has irritated JS users since the keyboard was launched. Several posts refer to it (search the archives) but there is no fix. We have to adapt our playing style to minimise the cut in sound, either by rapidly lifting off and playing the notes again, or create a performance with plenty of fx and hope the transition between sounds goes unnoticed.

If you use the 'increase' 'decrease' buttons between patches or performances, the cut in sound is negligible. But whenever you switch between 'Favourites', the time delay will be significant and only minimised be lifting off and on again very quickly. Patch remain will have no effect on the delay experienced in 'Favourites'

'Favourites' should be an excellent feature for a live gigging musician but in practice it is spoiled by the significant discontinuity in sound which you are experiencing. You are not doing anything wrong. That's just how the JS is, I am sorry to say.

I have resorted to constructing more complex performances, where I split the keyboard into 3 or 4 sections, often layering between sounds. I have to practice a lot to memorise the many different keyboards formats that I have created, but at least I don't have any time delays.