Just ordered a Juno Stage today

Forum for JUNO STAGE
MartyM

Re: Just ordered a Juno Stage today

Post by MartyM »

Martijn wrote:Does anyone have the SRX-07 in their Juno Stage? I think due to the extra effects the Juno Stage has over my XP-30 the sounds will come out even better. Can anyone confirm this?
Will let you know soon as I just ordered an SRX-07 board, found lots of demo mp3's from that
board on http://www.synthmania.com/srx-07.htm

That ticked a lot of boxes for me to augment the "Stage"

Should be here in a few days so I'll get back to you then Martijn.

M.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

I considered this board before I bought my Fantom! But I still think i would have been happy with it. I'd definately would have put srx07/06 in it. I wish the Fantom G could take srx boards. I have the old srjv vintage synth card and orchestral card in my JV 1080 and theyre still great sounds! The Juno Stage is cool!
MartyM

Post by MartyM »

SRX-07 should be here tomorrow, my house number was missing from the address !!
It was stuck in a German warehouse for 5 days, good job I could call and ask what was going on.

DUH ! .... Ebay :-(

MM.
MartyM

Post by MartyM »

The SRX07 arrived, finally !!

All good, works and sounds great.

Can't tell if the "Stage" FX are making a difference so far, the presets come up and obviously
use the MFX from the system.
Seems fine other than a bit of "Hiss" here and there on some of the samples but these are
mostly quite old !
To augment the Stage's own sounds it's great, loving the extra vintage synth stuff and there are
some really good Rhodes / Organ and Bass samples too.

Cheers,
Marty.
jalbert

Post by jalbert »

The Juno Stage has patches DBar 01 through DBar 20. They aren't in the jog wheel list when you cycle through organs, but you can find the patch numbers in the owner's manual. They aren't post-processed with the leslie simulator effect so you may want to modify them accordingly, save as a user patch, and then map to favorites banks. SRX cards have nice sounds top them, but are not needed with a JS unless you are after a specific sound. They add a lot to the price, though and by the time you acquire a JS and pair of SRX cards you are in it for the price of a used Nord Electro or used/clearance JP50.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

The D-bar organ sounds are indeed the best organ sounds in the Juno Stage, still I like the ones in the SRX-07 better. I have a SRX-07 installed since one year and I also love the Mellotron-sounds and certain synth waveforms (i.e. T5/T8-sync).