Keyboard velocity sensitivity

Forum for JUNO STAGE
francoran

Keyboard velocity sensitivity

Post by francoran »

Hallo people,
I just arrived at this forum and read almost every messages. Thank you everybody for all the useful informations about the JS. I own one from just a month and have a lot to learn about it.
So excuse me if I soon start with a question. Which value do you set for keyboard velocity sensitivity in the Menu/System? The factory value was Real/Medium/-60, but I set it at Real/Medium/+32. Which are your values? I am just curious about it, because the velocity in JS is very strange. For example sometimes when I try to change a patch inside a performance some patches don't even sound at all and I have to change also the velocity for thouse patches. Is there not a medium value of velocity for all the patches, at least just to listen all of them?
Actually have another question about patches...
Do you know Nik Kershaw and his song "The Riddle" from '80s years? That pulsating sound all along the song, I can't manage to make it. Can you help me please? Iwould appreciate just a hint, too. I made a patch with flute and violin in two tones that I copied in the other two tones with a dilay time of 14. But the sound is evanescent and not very incisive like the original. Believe me, it's very frustating. Have you got any idea how to get a sharper sound?
Hi everybody
Franco
francoran

Re: Keyboard velocity sensitivity

Post by francoran »

I made another experiment:
for the first 9 bars I prepared the Flutish pacth attached here that I set in the part 1 of a performance that I called "The Riddle" and I play it in upbeat staccato mode. Then with the switch S1 I add the violish patch, also attached here, set on the part 2 of the performance. Every hint to improve the two patches are welcome.
Hi
Franco
Attachments
Violish.mid
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times
Flutish.mid
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 1165 times
francoran

Post by francoran »

About the value of Velocity Sens in the Menu/System/Keyboard I first followed Commando hint and I set it at +42, finding out that everything sounded better, expecially pianos. Then I saw another old forumer (sorry don't remember his name) that set System/Kbd/Ctrl at Real/Heavy/+50 and as he says it really changes your life! Try it to believe. However it's a pity that everytime one switchs on the keyboard he has to reset the velocity sens, I really don't understand why Roland has still not released an update, they promised it almost two years ago by now. I am seeing a lot of people selling their JS on the web, most of them I guess for the bugs that Roland never solved. Me too I attempted selling mine, but there is not a lot of choice for a 76 multitimbral keyboard like JS in the market. If Korg have done an M50 or a a Krome with 76 keys I would not think twice about a change. Meditate, meditate ...
JD Kross

Post by JD Kross »

I reported the glitch to Roland Sydney and I was told that Japan is working on the updater due to he release in a month's time. I'm not sure if this is just another promise to be broken. Let's wait and see.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

That's some good news! Please let us all know when you receive any further news. Greetings from the opposite side of the globe (Netherlands).