Juno Stage Successor

Forum for JUNO STAGE
specialplant

Juno Stage Successor

Post by specialplant »

Hello,
the Juno Stage was released in 2008. Do you expect a successor in the course of 2013? I think it would be time for it, especially in view of the SRX board slots and the fact that the SRX boards are no longer available from Roland.
I slightly hope for a successor which has the most important SRX sounds and a few supernatural sounds integrated. How likely do you think this idea is?
francoran

Re: Juno Stage Successor

Post by francoran »

Don't you think that the successor of JS is there already? Jupiter 50, but a lot more expensive...
Bye
Franco
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

Regarding its weight, you could see the Jupiter 50 as a successor, but as you mentioned, it is much more expensive, nearly twice as much, so I think in terms of marketing / product policy, it is not really a successor. I still hope for a renewed Stage with a lot of SRX sounds integrated (which the Jupiter hasn't), which would compete with Yamaha MOX and Korg Krome in the same price segment (in addition to the Juno GI, which doesn't appeal to me too much, also in view of its limited 128MB WaveROM).
francoran

Post by francoran »

Don't know what to say,
I own mine from just a month and I'm not going to change it very soon. For me it would be enough that Roland gave a good support, like software and compatible sounds from old JV and XV libraries, but I don't see the light...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

francoran wrote:Don't know what to say,
I own mine from just a month and I'm not going to change it very soon. For me it would be enough that Roland gave a good support, like software and compatible sounds from old JV and XV libraries, but I don't see the light...
Planet F and Planet X Sound Libraries are compatible with Juno-Stage.
Check this out: http://www.sinevibes.com/juno-stage/

Juno Di and SonicCell share the same basic structure with Juno-Stage so the maybe the XV Collection for the SonicCell could be easily adapted for the Juno-Stage by some experts here...
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

specialplant wrote:Hello,
the Juno Stage was released in 2008. Do you expect a successor in the course of 2013? I think it would be time for it, especially in view of the SRX board slots and the fact that the SRX boards are no longer available from Roland.
I slightly hope for a successor which has the most important SRX sounds and a few supernatural sounds integrated. How likely do you think this idea is?
Well, it's a rack synth, but I would say that the successor is Intgra 7 ! I use it with my Juno stage and this setup is just perfect - supernatural sounds, all the SRX cards ect.
francoran

Post by francoran »

Planet F and Planet X Sound Libraries are compatible with Juno-Stage.
Check this out: http://www.sinevibes.com/juno-stage/
Juno Di and SonicCell share the same basic structure with Juno-Stage so the maybe the XV Collection for the SonicCell could be easily adapted for the Juno-Stage by some experts here...
I bought that packadge at http://www.sinevibes.com and the best I like of it is the tweeakbook written by our friend Artemiy. Maybe someone would find useful thouse patches, but I am more involved in '70s and '80s sounds with my band. You know, I've been playing a Roland JV90 for years with pleasure and a huge lot of very useful sounds for it. Now that my old keyboard has died and I got the JS as successor I miss many of the old sounds. A friend of mine told me that there is nothing in the old JV that I can't do in the newer JS, if not more. I think i's true and I believe the tweakbook will help me for it.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

The successor of Stage - keyboard-wise - is the Jupiter-50. But soundwise is the Integra-7.
However both solutions are a significant upgrade in both sound complexity and price.
Maybe we will witness a souped-up Integra keyboard version, although I doubt it - it also depends on how well Integra will sell. Roland has both module and controller markets covered so they probably feel no need for an overlapping product.
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

In terms of product marketing, I still don't think Jupiter 50 and Integra are successors of the Stage, as they are in a different price segment. But let's see if Roland will advance its Juno line in the course of this or next year or not... I would also like to see a good successor of the GW 8, a 'bridge' model between arrangers and synthesizers. But I think sales figures of the GW 8 were so bad that it probably won't happen.