Bk-9 & Juno Stage

Forum for JUNO STAGE
spyraras

Bk-9 & Juno Stage

Post by spyraras »

Roland Circulated a new arranger Bk-9, I have Juno Stage, I bought it three months ago what do you think, selling juno and buying bk-9 or upgrading juno with 2 srx expansion boards? I play synth progressive rock electro and jazz I dont use a sequencer I do everything with my pc. I need to know if juno stage with 2 srx beats bk-9's sounds....
specialplant

Re: Bk-9 & Juno Stage

Post by specialplant »

Although there aren't many sound demos for the BK-9 yet, I think many sounds will be brilliant, for sure the 22 supernatural ones, among them 3 GrandPianos and some E-Pianos (can be seen on one of the pictures showing the double display). You won't get these 22 sounds on your Stage. But otherwise, it depends on what you need. With the SRX 6, 7 and 9 you will get 400 sounds per board, and if they fit your needs exactly, it could be better than the BK-9 selection. Check the SRX demos on soundcloud and PdF-manuals of the SRX boards at Roland.com support. You should also consider that you cannot edit sounds on the BK-9 the way you can do it with the Stage! You don't have the architecture with patches consisting of 4 tones and performances consisting of 16 patches, it's simpler and probably adapted to live requirements of entertainers.
spyraras

Post by spyraras »

HMMM, you're right!!! BK-9 is more an arranger keyboard for loops drum patterns and juno is a sound beast..!
MartyM

Post by MartyM »

I would stick with your Stage, I just put the SRX07 in mine and it's a killer :-)

For your "Prog rock" gigs it would be just perfect !!

Marty.