SRX for synth prog rock, electro music.

Forum for JUNO STAGE
spyraras

SRX for synth prog rock, electro music.

Post by spyraras »

Ηi, Im playing prog. rock synth new age electro trance music... (Vangelis, Yanni, Jean Michele and many others). I Have juno stage so I need 2 boards... Wich 2 boards of all are more suitable to my favorite styles, (I dont need grooves, loops, beats, I want andvantaged patches Pads, synths)
Andy Keys

Re: SRX FOR SYNTH PROG. ROCK ELECTRO music.

Post by Andy Keys »

I've moved your post to the Juno Stage thread, as that is the board you say you have :)

If you want more synth sounds with a playable style (rather than loops and one-hit pop wonders), Hammonds, EPs, Mellotrons then definitely SRX-07 (Ultimate Keys) and here, also.

For Prog, I would say that you should look at both SRX-06 Complete Orchestra and SRX-09 World Collection. I use all three of these boards, and the pallette across the three is huge.

There is an 'interactive' demo on the Roland US site that gives you samples of some of the patches in action.

Let us know what you decide :)

Hope this helps,
Andy
PauloF

Re: SRX FOR SYNTH PROG. ROCK ELECTRO music.

Post by PauloF »

Andy Keys wrote:I've moved your post to the Juno Stage thread, as that is the board you sy you have :)

If you want more synth sounds with a playable style (rather than loops and one-hit pop wonders), Hammonds, EPs, Mellotrons then definitely SRX-07 (Ultimate Keys) and here, also.

For Prog, I would say that you should look at both SRX-06 Complete Orchestra and SRX-09 World Collection. I use all three of these boards, and the pallette across the three is huge.

There is an 'interactive' demo on the Roland US site that gives you samples of some of the patches in action.

Let us know what you decide :)

Hope this helps,
Andy
SRX-07 and SRX-09 are Also my choices and are the ones I use on my Integra ( together with two ExSN expansions).
They offer a wide range of sounds that cover almost any Synth genre
spyraras

Re: SRX for synth prog rock, electro music.

Post by spyraras »

Thank you very much!
alpha_C

Re: SRX for synth prog rock, electro music.

Post by alpha_C »

I'd rather take SRX 07 and SRX 08