Juno Stage VS Fantom X-7

Forum for JUNO STAGE
spyraras

Juno Stage VS Fantom X-7

Post by spyraras »

Well, i play synth-electro music, I have the Juno. Should I buy an srx 07 or sell the juno and buy a used fantom-x. What''s the main deference betwen these two about sounds, which has the better sounds or everything is the same? Ι DONT WANT sequencer! only good sounds!
howardS

Re: Juno Stage VS Fantom X-7

Post by howardS »

I know you said you don't use the sequencer however there are other differences between the two pieces of gear which may be important. For instance, the X7 has a better keybed than the Stage. Is that a relevant issue for you?
spyraras

Post by spyraras »

not at all, but i want to know about sounds patches...
howardS

Post by howardS »

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully you will get someone to respond who has experience on both board. For now you might try doing a search of the Juno Stage forum for the word Fantom and you will find some opinions on the difference of the sounds. I recall it had more to do with the converters on the Fantom being better than those on the Stage as opposed to a patch for patch difference.
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

Juno Stage has better coverters. I used to have Fantom XR and now I own Juno Stage. JS sounds better !
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

I had the Juno Stage for 2 years and the Fantom XR for a short time. The WaveROM of both instruments has the same size of 128 MB, and a lot of the sounds/samples are identical. The Stage has a few newer sounds, mainly I think in the acoustic guitar area (stereo samples), and as these have a larger WaveROM, a few other samples in the Stage had to be downsized, e.g. the Ultimate Piano, which has fewer velocity layers. I'm not sure about your preferred sounds in the synth area, that's not my main interest. But I'm very sure that the SRX 07 has lots of good patches/samples which are definitely NOT included in the Fantom X ROM, so you will definitely have a better choice of sounds with a Juno Stage + SRX 07 compared to a Fantom X without SRX.
francoran

Post by francoran »

specialplant wrote:.... The Stage has a few newer sounds, mainly I think in the acoustic guitar area (stereo samples), and as these have a larger WaveROM, a few other samples in the Stage had to be downsized, e.g. the Ultimate Piano, which has fewer velocity layers...
Hey Specialplant,
are you sure that the "Ultimate Piano" is in the Juno Stage? I know it is in the Fantom XR and I would like to have that patch in the JS, as well. Perhaps in the JS it's named different?
alphaC

Post by alphaC »

No, ultimate piano is not in JS. The best piano is made with HM piano samples taken from FantomG.
francoran

Post by francoran »

Sorry AlphaC,
Specialplant was right, he was talking about samples not patches. In fact the Wave Group SP contains 54 waveforms of Ultimate Piano variations, but as you said HM piano samples seem better to me, as well.
florin2013

Post by florin2013 »

The best difference between Fantom-X and Juno si the sampler..
You're not satisfied by a patch?
MAKE ONE WITH SAMPLING !
I have drums, pianos, synths, good stuff, with that sampler.
Yes, it takes YEARS for loading, by it damn worth it.
francoran

Post by francoran »

That's the point,
when you are gigging you have not years to make a sound. Then if you have not a staff loading your equipment and you just need 76 keys and some good sounds without breaking your back I don't see any candidate than the Juno Stage, not to mention the price (much better if a good used one).