Creating Tom Sawyer intro sound

Forum for JUNO STAGE
fabriciocosta

Creating Tom Sawyer intro sound

Post by fabriciocosta »

Dear All,

I'm a little stuck and cannot create a good sound to play Tom Sawyer intro (that riff which is played using a Moogy in original version.

Could someone help-me? Which is the best preset patch to start from? What are the right effects?

Thanks and kindly regards,
Fabricio.
Andy Keys

Re: Creating Tom Sawyer intro sound

Post by Andy Keys »

Our very own Piaknowguy made a Tom Sawyer sound for the Fantom X. You can find the thread here and links to the mp3 and MIDI file for the sound. I'm not sure how you get a Fantom X sound into a Juno Stage, but I believe they have the same sound architecture inside.

I hope this helps, and isn't a blind alley!
Andy
fabriciocosta

Post by fabriciocosta »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. Now I'm trying to find out how to import or recreate the midi sound into my Juno Stage!

Fabricio.
francoran

Post by francoran »

I paste here a little trick from AlphaC that he posted in this forum, hope you'll find the waveforms:

1.Open Fantom X librarian file and save it as .mid (export midi).
2.Open Fantom X editor and import this mid file (don't worry about "FX is not properly instaled"). Now midi message is loaded into Juno.
3.Match the waveform (with both manuals opened or make a table comparing both waveform list)
4.Unfortunatelly some waveform from FX are missed in JS...
fabriciocosta

Post by fabriciocosta »

Hi All,

I've followed francoran's instructions using my Juno Stage and created a pretty good version:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4xz6li ... sp=sharing

Regards, fabricio.