Switching group, and, editing parts of patch??

Forum for JUNO STAGE
phoebes13

Switching group, and, editing parts of patch??

Post by phoebes13 »

I have looked everywhere in the manual, online etc and can't find the answers, so sorry in advance if these are right in front of my face...

- Is there a shortcut function to switch between groups ie Presets, XPA, XPB? I find it hard to believe you have to cursor up, scroll through group options, then hit Numeric, type your patch number and enter, in order to jump to a specific patch on the fly? (Favourites work to a degree but I'm long out of space on those)

- is it possible to select different individual parts/waveforms comprising a patch (not a performance) on the keyboard itself?
I am really disappointed there is only 64 user performance banks, out of room on those too...
francoran

Re: Switching group, and, editing parts of patch??

Post by francoran »

I can tell you the way I do it:
1. Initialize a performance (I call it "Session Set")
2. Go to EDIT --> EFFECT EDIT and set Output = PAT, MFX SEL = 1, press ENTER (twice)
3. Press PARTVIEW and then PATCH if you are not there already, go to the first patch and press ENTER. Now you are in the PATCH LIST, select the category you want by the switches under display and with the value knob go to the patch you like, press ENTER
4. Do the same for the other 15 patches and you'll have 16 favourite patches, just switch the cursors up and down
5. If you have selected a patch that you want to edit, just press EDIT ---> PATCH EDIT ---> ENTER. Here if I want to change the waveforms I prefer opening the Editor on PC and see the list of waveforms before
6. Save (WRITE) the patch
7. Save (WRITE) the performance

I hope it will help you, let me know if you have found an easier way