New piano waveforms ?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
alphaC

New piano waveforms ?

Post by alphaC »

Hi
during editing a single patch (Patch Edit>Pro Edit->Grp List->Wave Parameter->Wave Group) I noticed that apart from INT and EXP you can choose SP (1-72) source of waveforms. In manual this group isn't mentioned...
specialplant

Re: New piano waveforms ?

Post by specialplant »

Can you really choose these waveforms? Does the Juno show their names? I found that the old Juno G had three waveform areas INT, EXT and SAMPLING (SP), so in case it doesn't work it could be an accidental remnant of the old Juno G system ;-)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

As far as I know these are the so called "Ultimate Piano" samples which are used in a lot of the piano patches. No surprises here.
alphaC

Post by alphaC »

It seems they ara piano waveforms from SonicCell, so JS has all the waveform from SonicCell plus HM piano, but ROM capacity are the same...
francoran

Post by francoran »

alphaC wrote:It seems they ara piano waveforms from SonicCell, so JS has all the waveform from SonicCell plus HM piano, but ROM capacity are the same...
So if JS has more waveforms in the same space of SC it means to me that JS has smaller waveforms. I wonder what have they cut down, all the waveforms or just some?
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

I had both,Juno Stage and Sonic Cell, and I think most sounds are really identical. I think the HM Piano was not just added, but there is a Sonic Cell piano called Rich Piano, which I think is not part of the Juno Stage, so this would explain a part of the waveROM question. You could compare the waveforms in the detailed waveform lists, which you can download from the Roland.com support pages. I am sure Roland didn't take the pain of cutting many waveforms from the SonicCell to fit them into the Juno Stage, but they probably left out or cut just a few.