Does SRX-12 Piano Mode Works in Juno Stage?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
JD Kross

Does SRX-12 Piano Mode Works in Juno Stage?

Post by JD Kross »

Good day everyone!

Does anyone have tried to load SRX-12 EPs in Juno Stage? I got 3 questions before I buy one:

1) Will the Piano Mode work similar to Fantom X?
2) If not, will I still get the same no. of patches?
3) Will you recommend it as an add-on to Stage's internal EP sounds?

I'm relying on your expertise guys, thanks a lot!

JDK
jalbert

Re: Does SRX-12 Piano Mode Works in Juno Stage?

Post by jalbert »

I used to own an SRX-12 that I sold with an XV-5050 a while back. I did install it in my Juno Stage as well for a while. You get access to all of the patches, but when yopu hit the piano or electric piano buttopn and use the jog wheel to cycle through they won't show up there. The latter functionality is what I think the fantom piano mode provides. All patches are available and can be mapped to favorites banks though, so the card works well in a JS. That said, I found it superfluous. You already have the Pure EP and Tremolo EP in the JS builtin so you don't need the srx-12 for a high quality rhodes sound. The srx-12 provides a wider variety of ep's than builtin. The srx12 is an excellent addirion to say an xv5050 since it lacks builtin ep's of that quality. But I never found I needed any srx cards for a JS. SRX cards are useful to extend the life of earlier generation models but the JS came out after most or all of the srx cards.
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

Really ?
I am expecting to buy a JS and SRX12 at the same time, because what I hear on internet about Wurli and Rhodes sounds seems a few sounds and not very nice. i hope I am wrong and I am happy to ear that information. And for elec organs ? Are they acceptable ? SRX12 seems good for that.
jalbert

Post by jalbert »

Well, this is subjective, but I think an SRX-12 is superfluous in a Juno Stage. The built-in Pure EP in the JS is the identical patch as on the SRX12, and that is by far the best patch on the SRX12, imho. I used Pure EP, Tremolo EP, FM777, Harpsy Clav, and other Harpsichords in the JS and had no need for other EPs. Likewise, the SRX02 and SRX11 pianos are no better than the pianos built into the JS. Maybe the classic keys card adds to a JS, but the main application of SRX cards is to bring older XV series products more up to date.