Brass Fall Patch in Preset

Forum for JUNO STAGE
JD Kross

Brass Fall Patch in Preset

Post by JD Kross »

Hi everyone. I need a brass fall patch but i can't find it in any of the presets. Would someone know if there's any or if they're willing to share their custom patch?

Thanks guys!
commando

Re: Brass Fall Patch in Preset

Post by commando »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by "fall" patch?
commando

Post by commando »

Just as a quick guide, if I need brass riffs in songs I usually select one or more of the following patches and blend them as needed, saving them as a User Performance. I use varying degrees of level, reverb, pitch, attack, resonance etc. The mix choice depends on the needs of the song. I usually detune some of the mixed patches by a fine pitch shift of +5 or so, which gives a nice 'real' three dimensional feel to the sound.

381 BrtSect2
376 Stack Tp Sect
383 Brass & Sax
397 Brass Sfz
419 XP TnpBrethy
GM128 Muted Trumpet 2
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

commando wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by "fall" patch?
It is a typical sound of brass instruments when they let the tone fall downwards their harmonic series (e.g. playing a high F on a trumpet, you can produce a falling scale downwards D>B>F>B by loosening the lip tension). Such a brass section fall is typical of pop and jazz music.
I fear there is no such sample in the WaveROM. There are several in the SRX 10.
JD Kross

Post by JD Kross »

Guys, thanks for the response. I used to have an E-09 arranger with brass fall patch, Im surprised JS doesn't have it.
JD Kross

Post by JD Kross »

Guys, thanks for the response. I used to have an E-09 arranger with brass fall patch, Im surprised JS doesn't have it.
francoran

Post by francoran »

specialplant wrote:
commando wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by "fall" patch?
It is a typical sound of brass instruments when they let the tone fall downwards their harmonic series (e.g. playing a high F on a trumpet, you can produce a falling scale downwards D>B>F>B by loosening the lip tension). Such a brass section fall is typical of pop and jazz music.
I fear there is no such sample in the WaveROM. There are several in the SRX 10.
Do you how to edit a brass tone to have a short falling effect?