Gold on the Ceiling?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
DoctorG

Gold on the Ceiling?

Post by DoctorG »

Hi Guys,

Haven't been on e forum for a while as I have been relegated back to playing Bass. However, I have persuaded my Mrs to cover keys for us. Still using the old faithful Juno Stage, looking at getting an A88 to back it up and use in the home studio as my old M Audio pro Keys finally died. But I digress.

We have been asked to cover the Black Keys Gold on the Ceiling. Wifey can't get the right aggressive organ sound and she's even more of a perfectionist than me?

Any ideas? I am sure someone must have covered this out there?

Thanks guys,

DrG
francoran

Re: Gold on the Ceiling?

Post by francoran »

Did you already try to adjust Velocity Sens in the Menu/System/Key? Someone here and me found that values between +42 and +50 are the best (JS keeps the value now, after the new update). Then, if you still don't like your organ patches, maybe you should have a look at the SRX 07 board, if you don't have it yet, it has good hammond sounds inside.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Hi DoctorG,

I can definitely recommend the SRX-07 board for organ sounds. I bought a used one for 120 euro. If you're not convinced, take a listen to some of the patches at this page: http://www.synthmania.com/srx-07.htm I also own the original Keyboards of the '60's&'70's-board (SR-JV80-08) and use it in my XP-30, but still I wanted this board for my Juno Stage, mainly to have great organ patches on both keyboards. The Vintage Synth sounds are great too, and very usable, as well as the extra piano, brass, wind and guitar patches. The bass&drums are a bonus, but I don't use them on stage.

Martijn
DoctorG

Post by DoctorG »

Thanks Guys,

We have that very board and playing with the velocity and other parameters has finally given us a sound we like. It's not an exact match for the original sound, but it's sufficiently grungy to fit the song.

Next challenge is getting the soft pad effect under the piano on Clocks. It never ends :)

DrG