Sonar X3 and Roland Juno Stage using Roland UM-One Midi Inte

Forum for JUNO STAGE
artistdedigital

Sonar X3 and Roland Juno Stage using Roland UM-One Midi Inte

Post by artistdedigital »

Hi all,
I am very new to music production. I am a keyboard player and having a Roland Juno Stage. Recently I bought one Roland UM-One Midi Interface and planning to buy Sonar X3 in the next few days.
My immediate requirements is that, I want to play some music on my Juno Stage and record it in my computer. Can I use Sonar for that purpose? If so how can I do that? Is Roland UM-One is enough for that purpose in terms of set-up for recording from Juno Stage? Is there some tutorials how to do all this please? Thanks in advanced.
Cheers...
Martijn

Re: Sonar X3 and Roland Juno Stage using Roland UM-One Midi

Post by Martijn »

Hello Artist,

First of all, you don't need the um-1, since the Juno Stage had its own USB Midi interface. You can record midi in Sonar as well as audio. It's up to you what you want, but if you want to record audio from the Juno Stage, you have to connect it to an audio-interface (or line-in).
artistdedigital

"you have to connect it to an audio-interface (or line-in)", sorry is that mean I have to buy another gear? Can you explain the connection a bit more please? Thanks...I have sonar x3 producer...
JD Kross

Post by JD Kross »

UM-One is just a midi interface.

If you want to record the sound from Juno Stage, you need to buy an audio interface (search Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to get an idea).

If you want to record your midi performance using X3's built in vsts, your UM-One is enough.

How to connect any of the Two is a different story. You may find youtube tutorials for that.

Goodluck!
artistdedigital

Hey,
Thanks. I have just got a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface. Can someone please post some link to How to set it up with Sonar X3 to record audio from Juno Stage? I have installed all the Focusrite mix softwares and drivers and I can see the waves and hear the audio on Focusrite mix when play my keyboard. But completely lost in how to record inside sonar x3 ? Thanks...