Looking for Howard Jones' style patches

Forum for JUNO STAGE
flyingace

Looking for Howard Jones' style patches

Post by flyingace »

on my Juno Stage. I haven't gotten it yet, but in the meantime, anyone out there have some suggestions on patches that have some of his sounds?

New Song, What is Love, Hide and Seek.. really anything off of Human's Lib album, my favorite.

All the years I've been playing, I never really tried to play any of his music even though when I was a kid in the 80's, Human's Lib was the reason I begged my mom to let me use my allowance and buy my first real keyboard, a Roland Juno 106! I wasn't very good back then, so I never learned how to play Howard's songs and by the time I was good enough I was on to other songs that were popular at the time that the band wanted to play.

Thanks in advance.
flyingace

Re: Looking for Howard Jones' style patches

Post by flyingace »

This weekend I was able to locate many "close enough" patches and programmed in the Arpeggiation from Howard Jones' "New Song" along with the synth organ sound he uses. Plus I was able to set up a whole set of rhythm patterns to play each section of the song. I'm sure I could even do a "performance" with a third split to allow for the lead part but for now I'm using my Jupiter 50's "Azya Eyes" Hot Lead to get that work done. All in all, I was able to play the song all the way through live! Pretty fabulous!