Juno Stage Piano Sound

Forum for JUNO STAGE
joelfan

Re: Juno Stage Piano Sound

Post by joelfan »

cecchino wrote:
flyingace wrote:Hey Joel,
I just bought another stage and the PO had some amazing pianos (acoustic and elec) on it. I'd be happy to share with you!
I think (according to what he wrote on an italian forum) that Joelfan has sold his Stage... but I still have mine ;)
Yes, that's right. I sold it.
So I cannot test your pathces, but anyway please share.
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

I have created new piano sound, in performance mode, with 2 different patches of piano
Sounds well. But difficult for me to manage reverb. Routing is difficult to understand in JS. If anyone interested I can post it.
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

oliv928 wrote:I have created new piano sound, in performance mode, with 2 different patches of piano
Sounds well. But difficult for me to manage reverb. Routing is difficult to understand in JS. If anyone interested I can post it.
I'm interested in.
Thank you!
BTW: what's wrong with reverb? Are you using the editor or just the keyboard controls?
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

here are the banks (feel free to use others also...) :
upload patch bank then perf bank in your JUNO, perfs won't work without patches
sauvegarde perf 24.10.15.zip
perfs
(24.11 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
sauvegarde patch 24.10.15.zip
patches
(54.76 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
here you can find them, with others like EPs or combis I have tweaked also
I put everything here, it is all my personal work, hope nobody will use it for money...
I have regret that there is not a big exchange place with JUNO STAGE. It is a shame because it is a good keyboard, but really needs new patches... existing ones are very poor, for example in EPs and Organs
So please try them and give me feedback, improve them and share improved versions...
We must together give new material for this "abandonned" JUNO STAGE, which is not so bad but really needs new patches and performances from users.

the PNOs patches
I have done and use are :
Germ granB, A and C : What I did is use an existing patch but replace samples with German A, B, C and also put MFX: enhancer, to improve brillance at forte velocities, and several adjustment in enveloppes and so on...
They are good in studio, but not enough muscle in band performance, and also solo playing, so I did following perf to improve this aspect :

the PNOs perfs i have done are :
1 GranD PianOB
2 Gran PianOB2
3 Gran PianOB3
4 Gran PianOB4
they all use patches : Germ granB & 88StageGrand
with different effect routings
same perfs can now be done by replacing patch GrandB with A or C

The problem i have : I can't have total control of Reverb from 0 to max with rotary knob control, due to not adequate global routing : try the verb knob and appreciate
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

oliv928 wrote:
sauvegarde perf 24.10.15.zip
sauvegarde patch 24.10.15.zip
here you can find them, with others like EPs or combis I have tweaked also
I put everything here, it is all my personal work, hope nobody will use it for money...
I have regret that there is not a big exchange place with JUNO STAGE. It is a shame because it is a good keyboard, but really needs new patches... existing ones are very poor, for example in EPs and Organs
So please try them and give me feedback, improve them and share improved versions...
We must together give new material for this "abandonned" JUNO STAGE, which is not so bad but really needs new patches and performances from users.

the PNOs patches
I have done and use are :
Germ granB, A and C : What I did is use an existing patch but replace samples with German A, B, C and also put MFX: enhancer, to improve brillance at forte velocities, and several adjustment in enveloppes and so on...
They are good in studio, but not enough muscle in band performance, and also solo playing, so I did following perf to improve th
is:

the PNOs perfs i have done are :
1 GranD PianOB
2 Gran PianOB2
3 Gran PianOB3
4 Gran PianOB4
they all use patches : Germ granB & 88StageGrand
with different effect routings
same perf can be done by replacing patch GrandB with A or C

The problem i have : I can't have total control of Reverb from 0 to max with rotary knob control, due to not adequate global routing

here are the banks (feel free to use others also...) :
upload patches & perf in your JUNO, perfs won't work without patches
Thank you, I also hope nobody is going to steal your work.
I agree, the JS is a good keyboard, but has some flaws in the preset programming.
If I can obtain some good sounding tweaks to your patches and perfs I will share them here.
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

Here are my personal feelings with the perfs piano I did, then wayforward I would apply:

- problem with verb : only in the perfs
Even if everything looks fine to me in routing, when you turn reverb knob to zero, there is still reverb

- problem : too much bass
With band mixer, there is too much bass in the left keys. I can tweak with control knob but then, there is not enough bass on right keys. I was search for solution with a sort of key mapped EQ but I did not find. Maybe in the modulation matrix we could find.
For me, even with JUNO editor, programming patches and perfs is a nightmare in this JS, especialy for programming assigned control knob and swithes. In ALESIS FUSION, even if no PC editor it is like a dream.

By the way, I am not comfortable with MFX assign : PRF,1,2.3,... and maybe other parameters linked with MFX assign in and out. I did read again manual about that, but this doesn,t help me. On the perfs, I have also put a compressor that you can turn on/off with S1. S2 is for reverb.
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

OK, I did not load your work on the keyboard yet, only checked everything is fine using the librarian.
I will check the reverb issue as soon as possible, since you may have a MFX reverb and a general reverb in the effect path maybe you lower the latter by the reverb knob and still have the MFX one.
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

I don't think I did put a MFX verb. But will double check. By the way I did not care what MFX is applied to 88StageGrand. Will check also. But i think You may be on the good way to the solution. Thank You...
Please also take in cosideration and try the patches I did
I like my Germ granA, speciallyB, and C as patches
several tweaks that I don't remember
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

I still have to take my JS out of its case, hope will do during this weekend.
Too many unforeseen things to do :(
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

I bought a stage, then sold it, then missed it and then rebought it! I gave it to my daughter to use but I don't think she's really into doing any more than playing the piano and basic sounds. I'll end up giving her the Korg SV-1 and taking the stage back, eventually.

At that point, I'd like to dig in again and start programming for it.

Hey Cecchino!
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

trying again with band the homemade perf "GranD PianOB"
The conclusion is : too much bass at left keys, not enough volume and brilliance at right keys
At home with my Yamaha NS5 speakers it is nice
I will try to modify that
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

flyingace wrote:I bought a stage, then sold it, then missed it and then rebought it! I gave it to my daughter to use but I don't think she's really into doing any more than playing the piano and basic sounds. I'll end up giving her the Korg SV-1 and taking the stage back, eventually.

At that point, I'd like to dig in again and start programming for it.

Hey Cecchino!
Hey, Flyingace, nice to meet you again (also) here!
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

I'm sorry to say that I sold my Juno Stage (I decided to update my gear to better fit my needs for my current activities). Hope I will have the possibility to get another one in the future, but it was not possible to hold it now.
Thank you all for giving me the possibility to test your programs (and do not worry, I have reset the JS to the factory configuration before giving it back to the shop, so I didn't share your work without permission).
Cheers
C.