MFX capacity in patch and performance mode

Forum for JUNO STAGE
oliv928

MFX capacity in patch and performance mode

Post by oliv928 »

Trying hard to understand the MFX capacity, my conclusion is :
1 MFX available in Patch mode and 3MFX in Performance mode
Then, difficult to understand this sentence written in manual : "Patch mode allows You to play sounds with maximum effects possibility, wheras Performance mode allows You to play 16sounds in multitimbral mode"
It sounds like reallity is opposite.
For example, if I want to play monotimbral a super sound with 3MFX chained, I must program this "monster" in Performance mode, and not in Patch mode isn't it ?
cecchino

Re: MFX capacity in patch and performance mode

Post by cecchino »

Correct ;)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

That's correct. I think the manual refers to the fact that in performance-mode the 16 parts must share the same reverb, chorus and MFX. It's a shame you can't use all 3 multieffects in patch-mode, because the processing power is there. This leaves only the performance mode if you want to use (stack) all 3 MFX's.
oliv928

Post by oliv928 »

personaly, I am completly lost in effects routing in performance mode
On ALESIS FUSION keyboard, things are very clear...
with on board editor or juno stage editor software
I don't understand what "PAT" or "MFX" sends means, I don't understad what MFX1,2,3 source "performance, or part number" means
I don't understand what part view "FX SRC" table in in board editor means : why isn't it possible to adress Chorus and Reverb on every part ?
The routing view is very confusing, to many links between part source, MFX, and Chorus Reverb
Also, when tweaking the real time controllers, depending on routing, reverb result is not as expected.
For me, this is a nightmare. I have read the manual, but my understanding is not clear anymore.Unfortunatly, there is no tutorial on internet...
I will read again the manual... ;-(
Rudy Wt

Post by Rudy Wt »

Hello oliv928, i recorded a video about this, and it is in my Youtube channel BUT it is in portuguese :( sorry. Take a look at it and let me know (you can leave comment in the video) if it helped you. If not, i will record another with my poor english to try to help you! Rudy Wt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXTjHIsF20