CC64 not working from Behringer FCB1010

Forum for JUNO STAGE
manisero

CC64 not working from Behringer FCB1010

Post by manisero »

Hi guys, I'm new here. I have Juno Stage and Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller with Uno Eprom. I set the pedal nº5 like a sustain pedal (momentary effect). The pedal transmit a midi mesage CC64 with 127 value to turn on sustain, and 0 value to turn off. It's impossible, don't work with juno stage. All filters are open. Other controllers like 1, 7, 10, etc work perectly, but 64 not. I connect the FCB1010 to a Korg synth, and pedal works perfectly..., but with JS don't work. I'm astonished, is a mysterious thing. I set pedal 1 to run organ rotor (CC1), expressions pedals (CC11), etc... all work perfectly, but CC64 not. Some help please? Anyone with same problem? Thanks in advance
pgreco

Re: CC64 not working from Behringer FCB1010

Post by pgreco »

Hi,

I have a Juno DS-61 and Behringer FCB1010 with Uno chip, and have the problem with midi CC64 (sustain) being ignored. The midi channel is fine, as other controllers work (e.g. CC11 for expression). This may be a quirk of Roland's midi implementation, or perhaps there is some required setting in the instrument (which, if it exists, I cannot find it).

But here is a nice non-MIDI workaround which uses the FCB1010's "switch 1" relay feature (you could use "switch 2" if you are already using "switch 1" for some other purpose; but for our purposes let's assume switch 1 is available for use.

This assumes you are using the Uno software (FCBUnoControlCenter).

1. In the software, go into "global configuration" and set "Switch (relay) Output 1" to N.C. (normally closed) and Pulsed.

2. Still in the software, go into "preset configuration", select the footswitch that you want to use for sustain and click on the checkbox next to "SW1" in the "Switches" group until you see a checkmark (this checkbox has three possible states: empty, dash, checkmark).

3. Use a 1/4" TS cable to connect the "Switch 1" output jack of the FCB1010 to the sustain pedal input on the Roland keyboard (on the DS-61 this is the "hold" pedal).

4. Verify that pressing the footswitch on the FCB1010 triggers the "sustain" effect (even without a midi cable connected).

This at least eliminates the need to carry around a dedicated sustain pedal. I hope this helps.
howardS

Re: CC64 not working from Behringer FCB1010

Post by howardS »

I recall that I had this same issue with my Fantom X but thats going back a few years so I may be a little foggy on it. Also, ultimately it didn't work out using my FCB1010 as it wouldn't let me hold that pedal and then hit another pedal at the same time so I ended up using a sustain pedal plugged directly into my Fantom X. Anyhow, what I recall discovering was that sending CC64 through MIDI only worked for notes that were also sent to the keyboard through MIDI and that it didn't work on the keys played on the keyboard itself unless I turned on the remote keyboard switch which is set out on page 150 of the manual for your keyboard. Again, this is going back a few years but I think that was how I got it to work so it may work the same on the Stage.