Output Issue

Forum for JUNO STAGE
tonmanns

Output Issue

Post by tonmanns »

Hello folks,
Lately I was given a Juno Stage with SRX-07 for FREE!! It needed some minor cleaning, but the overall condition is fine.
It has an issue with the output. Mono works on all outputs (L/R, one cable plugged), but as soon as I plug in a second cable, the sound disappears from the right chanel. The same with headphone out, only on left chanel. I have updated the OS, did a reset, but it still does not work.
There was a similar problem mentioned on the forum here, but it never came to a conclusion, as it seems to be an electrical issue. Has anybody experienced such issue as well and can advise a solution?

Cheers, tonmanns
tonmanns

Re: Output Issue

Post by tonmanns »

So I disassembled the unit and ordered a new Volume pot. The old one had been repaired by a noob, was damaged and only one channel worked (wrong pot, two legs broken, bad soldering) . I desoldered that one, put in the new one, and it works!!! I have used my Fantom G for about 10 years, but since I have a fully working JS now, most time I use that one, way more inspiring!
Martijn

Re: Output Issue

Post by Martijn »

Congratulations! You did a good job there. It makes sense that it was the volume knob, since both the headphone and the line jacks lacked one side of the signal. Have fun with it!