Vocoder Not Working with Mic

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Blueman826

Vocoder Not Working with Mic

Post by Blueman826 »

I just unpacked an old Juno Stage and have been testing it out in my DAW. I noticed that everything works but when i got to the vocoder i got really excited and wanted to test it out. I plugged in a mic and I don't get any signal whenever i play and talk into the mic.
Now I know the mic works with the keyboard because it works as a standard mic in all other presets and the level comes out just fine, but it's not working with the vocoder.

Is there a fix to this? Any help would be appreciated!
Eli

Re: Vocoder Not Working with Mic

Post by Eli »

I think there's a bunch of patches dedicated to vocoder. Other patches may not work with it. Patch names should contain word "vocoder" or something.
wdankier

Post by wdankier »

Exactly my problem too. Note that there is a difference between normal mic use and vocoder use.
Check menu > mic input setting > mic mode
It should be set to ALL and not to VOCODER ONLY.
With the mic volume knob, you should be able to get some mic signal on your output.
But I do not either. I opened up the synth and checked the connections from the mic cable to the printboard inside the machine and they seem to be ok.
My mic and cable work correct when I connect them to a PA.
So I do not know what is wrong and I really would like to hear from you guys who use the mic successful with the Juno stage.

Thanks!
Greetings Willem
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Hi Willem,

Are you able to get any sound from the mic into the synth? Mic should be enabled somewhere in the menu. Vocoder only works when the vocoder mfx is active. There are a few preset patches that use this effect (highest patch numbers). Have you tried these? Please let me know, I could look it up on my Juno Stage to verify each and every setting.

Groeten van Martijn