VP-770 NAMM demo by Ed Diaz (filmed by Sonic State)

Forum for VP-550, VP-770 and VP-7
piaknowguy

I WANT ONE!!!

Post by piaknowguy »

I need to practice now!!

Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey? Please, Honey?

=)
PiaKnowGuy
Watch a video of - Some Guitar Shredding Done entirely on the X8!

PiaKnow
cyclops

Re: VP-770 NAMM demo by Ed Diaz (filmed by Sonic State)

Post by cyclops »

SIMPLY AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :gasp:
jstorms

Post by jstorms »

Yes, this is sweet! I want one too!
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

I was amazed by the way he made the male choir patch sing words using phrasing from his voice.
I sure hope something like this makes its way towards the ARX platform, so that everyone can use this stuff in the Fantom-G series. Is this similar technology with the Vocal Designer expansion card that had been released for the V-Synth? Is there any kind of computer software that can do this???
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, this is the same Vocal Designer technology as first introduced in the VC-2 card, although they improve it version after version. In any case, it sounds really great. Also, you can take any vocoder that allows to route an external carrier signal into it, and use a sampled choir to get a similar result.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

I've listened the demos of some software claiming they're able to do this. While the vocoding part seemed okay, they were not even close to the Vocal Designer. For now it seems Roland has established a clear supremacy in this domain.
However, I hope the VP-770 pricing to be at most 1,5 higher than VP-550, otherwise prospective buyers might consider other keyboards, more feature-packed. It's in no way "your first keyboard". More like "your best second live keyboard" :)
While I'm glad of the many improvements over the VP-550, I still fear Roland might translate this into a forbidding pricing.