Just an important question about the VP7

Forum for VP-550, VP-770 and VP-7
axxim

Just an important question about the VP7

Post by axxim »

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying the VP-7 (or VP770 if I find a good offer). I have seen all VP-7 videos as possible, read the manual and can't get a secure answer about the following:

I know that in the Vocal Designer and Vocoder mode you can play the keyboard and sing/speak in the mike and the sound is harmonized respectively vocoded (which is what a vocoder does). What isn't clear to me is, if the Human Voice is also "vocodable" (in other words can the female/child/gregorian choir sing/say "alleluja" in the notes I play in the keyboard ) or are they only choir samples that can be modulated (amplitude or whatever) from the mike input?

I am asking this, because in the manaual (and Roland videos) they never refer to the use of the mike or words like "if you sing in the microphone" when referring to the Human Voice section, which in the other sections always occurs. Having a Radias which has also a good vocoder, the only point for purchasing a VP-7x would be just this feature.

So resuming in a few words: is the Human Voice section "vocodable" too?

Thanks in advance
pjblues

Re: Just an important question about the VP7

Post by pjblues »

Good question, I just purchased the VP 7 so I will have to investigate this. I have to say, it is fantastic to use.
axxim

Re: Just an important question about the VP7

Post by axxim »

Thx! I will wait for your response.

I think Roland did a big mistake on the VP-7: It has an audio input for connecting whatever you want thru it, but it is not possible to use this input as carrier for the vocoder like in the VP770 or VP550. This would have raised the useability and value of the VP-7.