vp-770 ensemble level

Forum for VP-550, VP-770 and VP-7
davidgauger

vp-770 ensemble level

Post by davidgauger »

Have a new keyboard ...
Book says that the Ensemble Level should NOT affect the volume of the Vocal Designer ... but it does ... disallowing me to change the relative volume between the two. Is this a malfunction or ... have I overlooked a setting of some sort? Sure would like some help here ... thanks.
Dave
KRE8A

Re: vp-770 ensemble level

Post by KRE8A »

Hi ! davidgauger,

Congratulations for buying this beautiful keyboard.

Before moving the ensemble level slider, disengage all of the vocal designer buttons, raise the ensemble level fairly loud, then engage a sound from the vocal designer panel and see if this has made any difference.
davidgauger

Post by davidgauger »

Thankyou for your reply.

I have found that a factory reset restored the proper function i.e. the slider level control does indeed control JUST the ensemble sound, not the vocal designer.

Now ... when I enable the expression pedal, it does indeed control both. Is there a way to limit the expression pedal control to JUST the ensemble sounds so as to, say, fade in strings to existing vocal output??

That would be nice ...

Blessings, Dave Gauger
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Hi davidgauger,

Have you tried pedal settings / DYN2, EXP. Also split mode, not shore if there is a feature setting or SyS CC for this... perhaps toggling through the parameter fields and see. With this though, if you execute write, don't forget what part of the setting you executed, because it can leave you in a pickle a long the lines with another field setting.
However, EV-5, DP series connected to the rear panel pedal control jack, one ` two, the pedal controls volume or various field settings. Whether you can isolate the parameters, is a more in depth play around in the synthesizer play ground.
It's endless learning what's in the Synth World.
Nevertheless, it's FUN !

ENjoy the journey ;)

Reg..KRE8A :)