Run Around!!!

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
firstlovedan

Run Around!!!

Post by firstlovedan »

Hey folks, I don't know where everyone is getting their AX Synths, but here in Cinci, OH, things are very strange. I was told by the G.C. keyboard guy that they would be available in June. Although Roland had originally said August, I thought, "Well Perhaps Christmas willcome early".

At the beginning of September, a friend of mine paid for his in full, and they said to expect it in 2 weeks. Now the fun begins...

I went to G.C. yesterday, and the keyboard guy said they were about 2 months out because of backorders. He proudly told me that he had received his back in June as a "Pre-Release".

I went down the street to "Sam Ash", another fine Roland dealer. Their keyboard guy (Who didn't know what an AX Synth was) told me that "Keytars" didn't sell very well, and didn't know when or if they would ever get one. Sooo, is Sweetwater a good place to spend my money?

I have an AX 7 that is wearng out and I really need to do something. Thanks,
firstlovedan
brennenen

Re: Run Around!!!

Post by brennenen »

I know it's the last place I'd ever look, but I have seen the AX-Synth at best buy around here (the one's with the small music instrument store). The funny thing is that Best Buy and Guitar Center share the same physical building in my town, and the guys at Guitar Center had no clue what the AX-Synth was.
firstlovedan

Re: Run Around!!!

Post by firstlovedan »

Sad ain't it! I wonder if Roland is aware of how their dealers are representing their company. Can you imagine going into a car dealership, and the sales person has no idea of the model you ask for, OR they tell you, yeah, cars don't sell that well, how about a van!