About patches

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
TomasE

About patches

Post by TomasE »

Hi to all,

Bought my Roland AX-Synth couple of months ago and I'm very pleased with it.
I'd like to take it to the next level by editing the sounds. But... I'm new to synthesizers. Therefore I have some basic questions.

1) Do new patches overwrite other sounds?
2) Is there any free space for adding new sounds, but still keeping the original ones?
3) If something goes wrong, is it easy to reset all sounds to default (out of the box)

Thanks!

Tomas
The Netherlands
Henrik

Re: About patches

Post by Henrik »

(sorry for the bad english)

you can only use 32 patches for each family, so if you create a new patch and want to use it, you have to go to the ax-synth librarian, remove a sound you don´t want and subtitute it with the new one. Because you have the librarian, you won´t lose anything.

So.. No, there´s no free space... That I know of.. Is there? But well, I already replaced most of the patches from the second synth family with other things (the original ones weren´t very useful to me). The new ones from roland UK are very interesting.

And now that you mentioned it, I´m not so sure. There´s the "load the factory settings" option, it´s in the manual, don´t remember which buttons to use.. "This function reset all of the AX-Synth´s parameters to their factory settings". Does this include original patches?

By the way, if you create new sounds, share it! I´m still trying to figure out how to use the editor, which so far has been a trip to the seventh circle of hell, where are those who raised a hand against themselves, such as in suicide, or such as in trying TO UNDERSTAND THIS GODDAMED THING.
firstlovedan

Re: About patches

Post by firstlovedan »

Man I am with you! I spent all day with the editor programming sounds, and sety ups. All seemed well. Then I took it to a job last night. 1st off, all notes were stuck on the velocity setting of 127. In other words, every note I hit, it was like hitting it as hard as I could. I ran the AX to a sound module to get me through. Same thing. So I think factory reset....At least I can play it with the old sounds. I get out my manual and it says to, "Hold down the variation buttons and push the Organ/Clav button and then the display will say 'factry'". OK ANYONE TRY THIS AND SEE IF IT RESETS YOU AX!! Now remember I am at a gig reading this stupid manual IN FRONT of my audience! Well it dawned on me, Turn it off, then hold the buttons down and power it up. WOW! It worked, but the manual says NOTHING of powering up your AX.

Next, I get up today, and decide to load my "All Day" programming session. How does this work? I loaded up the soundset I carefully saved, and it ONLY loads in the last patch I was working on! How do you get this thing to load in all of your sounds at once? This manual is no help what-so-ever!

Can anyone explain how to save the "Whole AX Setup", and then load "The Whole AX Setup" again? Sorry for the rant. This keyboard is starting to really become disapointing.