program change messages

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
SoulBe

program change messages

Post by SoulBe »

Hi

is it possible to influence/program the program change messages that are send by the AX?

Because in a live situation it is more suitable to step trough sounds with the big category switches, but they send fixed program change messages so it would be suitable to be able to program the message that is sent. Any ideas?

Regards Soulbe
Synastikki

Re: program change messages

Post by Synastikki »

I think that it is not possible, but have you tried if the favourites would send different kind of messages... also using the dec and inc buttons will give you one up or down messages...
SoulBe

Post by SoulBe »

Hi,

I was trying the favourites but they send no different change messages, it is the same message like you chose the original program. The up/down buttons work of course but they are smaler than the other buttons.

I think the programmable program change messages would be something good for a software update because it makes working with midi much easier.

Thanks
SoulBe
Synastikki

Post by Synastikki »

I think that the up/down buttons might be better because they're setup to the upper left corner and can be easily accessed from "below of the neck" where your hand is positioned normally anyway... the big program buttons however have to be accessed from "above" which involves lot more movement for the left hand (well you can do it with right hand, but for me the right hand is much more busy than the left one)