Patches Realism

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
acmcp

Patches Realism

Post by acmcp »

Hi guys,
I have been thinking about getting an ax-synth for myselft but I have not been able to find one to try out so please tell me more about the patches. What do the piano, violin, sax sound like? Are they pretty realistic? Do they sound like the acoustic instruments or they all have a synth sound to them?
Is there a place I could download samples of all these sounds?

Thanks!
firstlovedan

Re: Patches Realism

Post by firstlovedan »

Youtube is our only hope outside of Roland's Namm presentation. I remember a day when you could play an instrument to see how it feels, sounds, etc. But now, we buy HOPING that their advertisements are accurate! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, after you buy one to "try it out", and don't like it, you can take it back for a re-stocking fee!
I have been waiting for over a year, and should have mine in a week or 2. I will post my opinions of the sounds.
AWBbox

Post by AWBbox »

@acmcp: I've personally been very impressed with the sounds on my ax-synth. The Sax and Violin have the ability for expression to be added using the modulation bar so with a bit of practice you can get some decent results from the patches. The piano patches are very good as well, there are several to choose from but they're all a high standard so I'm sure you'd find one that's right for you :)
acmcp

Post by acmcp »

Guys thanks for the suggestion and information. I went to a local store today and picked up an Ax-synth. I did not have much time to play with it but it has impressed me very much so far. I have enjoyed many of the patches. I'll post my impressions with more details later this week.

Augusto Pedroza