Mono/Poly

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
firstlovedan

Mono/Poly

Post by firstlovedan »

Does anyone out there know if there is control On the AX it'self to switvh between mono and poly, or do you have to actual program using a computer?
Thanks. Used the AX last night at a live performance, and worked GREAT!
AWBbox

Re: Mono/Poly

Post by AWBbox »

I'm glad you sound like you're loving the AX Synth as much as I am :D

As far as I know the only way to make a patch mono/poly is to change its properties using the editor software, I don't think there's a way to do it on the fly.

Of course if you wanted to, you could make two patches of the same instrument next to each other having one in mono mode and one in poly mode and just switch between them during your performance.
firstlovedan

Post by firstlovedan »

THANKS! BTW, do you know how to send volume messages out of the AX via the volume knob? Or is this something that I must program the aftertouch knob to do. I need to send cc-7 and cc-11 messages to my Roland module. Thanks again for your help.
AWBbox

Post by AWBbox »

Sorry, I've not tried this. You're probably just going to have experiment around with MIDI :x
firstlovedan

Post by firstlovedan »

Yeah, there is no poly/mono switching unless you use your computer to program 2 patches, 1 mono and 1 poly. I can deal w/ that, but it sucks that you cannot send volume message via midi when the manual says you can. But in another post someone said Roland was working on this for an OS update. Thanks for the response.