AX-Synth in Black?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
vxfan

AX-Synth in Black?

Post by vxfan »

Anyone know if Roland is planning to release the AX-Synth in Black?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: AX-Synth in Black?

Post by Artemiy »

They just released AX-09 in black ;-)
Ludvig

Post by Ludvig »

Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

OK............. I ordered a black Lucina AX-09 yesterday but I am now considering changing it to the black AX. (Even if I have to wait).

Is there any more info?

Same OS, Patches, etc as the 2009 model?

And has anybody A, B'd the AX and AX-09?

I realise that the AX has more sounds and controls but do the Lucina patches have the same tonal quality?

Any help here would be appreciated.

It all seemed so simple when there was only one available in black.

Damn you Roland.............................. :-S

B4D
vxfan

Post by vxfan »

Oh Yes,I saw this on Roland's site today: http://www.rolandconnect.com/product.php?p=ax-synth
Too bad I had to buy the white one.
M4E5TR0

Post by M4E5TR0 »

Me too.. I've been thinking of repainting it into that black since I ordered the white one this spring. I've tried to open the case by unscrewing all the bolts, but it seemed like the volume and aftertouch knobs were holding the cover. Repainting it on the go seems to be no better than applying too much force to detach the cover for repainting it separately. Sorry if my english was really bad, but I definitely need your ideas! Maybe any hint to detach the knobs?
Raccoon_

Post by Raccoon_ »

Hm

I'm having same thoughts about changing color to black.
And what do you think about sticking some black tape to it?
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Yeah ! I have to agree that black gives the instrument a more heavy rock perspective.
I really love synth hardware, and if I'm to buy the AX in the near future, to add to the rest of my gear, I'd definitely settle for glowing very bright pink. :D o O Hah..LOL... kidding hardcore on that colour guys. Seriously, I'd settle for black. It would give my small music studio a heavier bounce I Reckon.
M4E5TR0

Post by M4E5TR0 »

My experience in messing about with the tapes shows that I'm incapable of making anything smart enough :-) And AX-Synth should stay a nice-looking concert instrument after any manipulations. If I didn't care about it's appearance, I would make a keytar out of an old synth and a broken joystick - with some tape and no thousand dollars :-)

But thanks, you gave me an idea. Maybe some kind of a car sticker will do the trick? Initially I was thinking of bringing the casing to the car workshop. But how do I open it, that's the question :-)
SoulBe

Post by SoulBe »

Hi,

I emailed to styleflip.com, they do covers for synth etc, but AX synth is not in the current product line. They said if the have more requests they maybe take it over to the product line. Does anyone know if another company sells such covers/surfaces?
Would be nice to change the surface of the white AX without too much trouble ..

Regards
SoulBe
Raccoon_

Post by Raccoon_ »

I have no idea.

But if you will find some possibility - write it on forum immediatly! :)