Touchsense and.. Brett Domino

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Henrik

Touchsense and.. Brett Domino

Post by Henrik »

(sorry for the bad english..)
I´ve been trying to figure this in the editor, but I can´t find it. Supposing it does exist in the ax-synth.
It´s called "touchsense", at least in keyboards from yamaha, but I guess you know what it is! You play hard, more volume. You play softly, less volume. The less touchsense you have, the smaller is the difference in playing hard or soft. If you have no touchsense at all, the volume is equal no matter how hard you play.

Is there any way to change this in the editor? I found "keyboard velocity" but.. It´s not exactly that. Keyboard velocity changes the whole sound, like in the jazz scat. You play softly, there´s an "ooohh", you play hard there´s an "DAAAW" (pretty funny by the way). Jazz scat can´t be modified in the editor, but many patches have this effect. Acoustic guitars, for example.

Another thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwweLJ78KE

I´m not sure, but I think brett modified the 4-1 patch (lead guitar).. Like that effect in 4:40. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Yours Faithfully,

Henrik, the "going insane with the ax-synth ------ EDITOR" dude
Raccoon_

Re: Touchsense and.. Brett Domino

Post by Raccoon_ »

Hm

I'm not quite sure, coz I didn't check it but...

Every path can use 4 tones.
And there is "velocity change" that controls single tone
And there is "velocity change" that controls all tones
But...

...If you don't want to have change of sound when you hit hard, you have to turn off some tones, and correct velocity range.