AX Synth "Country" sounds

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
onearm

AX Synth "Country" sounds

Post by onearm »

Just got the AX-Synth last week. Great board, however there are no "Country" type sounds/waveforms. :( Like pedal steele guitar, banjo, dobro. These are my bread & butter sounds for the country group I work with. I might have made a mistake in purchasing the unit, or had my expectations too high. Any suggestions would be helpful. Or any knows source of these type sounds available would be appreciated.

Thanks,
onearm
vampyru

Re: AX Synth "Country" sounds

Post by vampyru »

onearm

Post by onearm »

Thank you, vampyru. Nice saxes for solos. Still looking for the country 'pedal steele' guitar sound and banjo sound. I still find it odd that Roland didn't put either of them, or their waveforms in the AX-Synth, even though they are now considered general midi sounds on all manufacturers' keyboards today. Maybe someone will 'tweek' these sounds & post them up. I'll never forget going into a country bar one night & hearing the best 'pedal steele' guitar coming out of a Roland U-110 rack unit.....So I know it can be done. I just don't have the learning curve for programming & tweeking sounds to their best as of yet. Still learning.

BTW, my AX-Stand just came in and the AX-Synth fits nicely and securely. I've even affixed a small lighting bracket to the back of the stand to hold my electric violin and bow.

onearm
jeanbart

Post by jeanbart »

How could i download sounds ??
vampyru

Post by vampyru »

And your account will be free to download.
phattbuzz

Post by phattbuzz »

Hey onearm,

Just loaded a Banjo and a Steel Guitar patch on the Yahoo group for you.
Hope they might work for you.
The After touch on the Steel Guitar introduces more attack.

- phattbuzz
onearm

Post by onearm »

Thanks Phattbuzz,

I'm not sure where Yahoo group is or how to get there, but I'll try searching.
Then download it when/if I find it. Maybe it's one I have to sign up for? This has been a blast of a keyboard to play with.

onearm
phattbuzz

Post by phattbuzz »

fuzztone

Re: AX Synth

Post by fuzztone »

Not a lot of us are creating new sounds for the AX-Synth, despite the ease-of-use of the Editor software. If it because there's not a lot of users, or because AX users are not programmer types?
Are any other synths compatible with the AX. Fantom? Other Supe Natural patches?