MIDI channel change/switch live?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
BadNraD

MIDI channel change/switch live?

Post by BadNraD »

Is it possible to change the MIDI channel I'm sending out to my 2 synths? I would like to be able to switch from channel 1 to channel 2 between my synths. I've tried to go through the manual but can't find proper info. I have a show friday and am kind of screwed if I can't figure this out! On my kx5 you can just push a little button and switch between the channels but unfortunately that's not possible on the Ax-synth, at least not that I know of. If there is a way to set it to do that, please let me know! Thanks a lot!
firstlovedan

Re: MIDI channel change/switch live?

Post by firstlovedan »

Sorry I am not gonna' be much help, but it seems the AX synth has some things lacking and Roland isn't addressing some of these issues. The manual says you can send volume messages out to a module, but this is not possible. Very frustrating! There has been talk of up-dating the OS, but I am waiting. Also, (this may help you in the future), if you ever need to perform a factory reset, the manual says to hold down a series of buttons, but negates to tell you to do this while powering up! Mine locked up during a job. I felt secure because I had my trusty Roland manual. It took me a half hour to finally guess at the "power up part"! I love the AX, but man do I get frustrated sometimes! Firstlovedan
BadNraD

Post by BadNraD »

Yeah no kidding, haha. There's quite a bit lacking as far as what I would say is necessary for a "Shoulder keyboard". Some of the most basic things are impossible or not well thought out. I love this thing but at the same time it's extremely frustrating! It's weird that my 25 y/o yamaha kx5 has some far superior features...
BadNraD

Post by BadNraD »

Oh and thanks for the suggestion, DEFINITELY had to use that one last night! haha