AX-7 D beam?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Rusty113

AX-7 D beam?

Post by Rusty113 »

I want to know if there is any possible way I can control the effects parameters on my Fantom X with the AX-7 Dbeam? All I can get it to go is play a lousy note when I move my hand over it... =(
any help on this would be VERY appreciated! I cannot find any information about this.
Deweak

Re: AX-7 D beam?

Post by Deweak »

Hi,

In the software editor, you can chose the control change used by the D-Beam when it's in "assignable" mode. If your Fantom responds to control changes, it will be easy to match the two synths and to control the Fantom's FXs with the AX-Synth.
Synastikki

Post by Synastikki »

he wasn't talking about AX-synth but the older AX-7.

You can change what message the Ax-7 sends when you use the d-beam. According to the manual you can send chords, notes, arpeggios, volume or any CC between 16-19 or 71-78 and these have to be specified either up or down so the parameter will change from 64-127 or 64-0. All this information can be found here http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/1811421/... or on your own manual on page 12.
Deweak

Post by Deweak »

My fault !

It's easier with the AX-7 since you don't need any soft to set the D-Beam's MIDI behaviour...