Cable Connections to Mobile Cube

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
OhioBuckeye

Cable Connections to Mobile Cube

Post by OhioBuckeye »

I have the Lucina and a Roland Mobile Cube for my amp. I have two instrucment cables so right now it works fine but I would like to reduce the two cables to a single cable with Y ends. Does anyone know if these are sold? I'm not having any luck locating them online.

So again instead of 2 independent cables I would like a single cable that splits into into two male 1/4 plugs at each end to provide the stereo sound. And it doesn't have to be that the single cable is truly combined. Even if it's just two attached/bound cables that would be fine.

Thanks

OB
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Cable Connections to Mobile Cube

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, you should able to find one for sale. Also you can try a stereo jack (from the headphones) to two mono jacks.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Nonono, Y-Cables are for splitting audio outputs, not summing stereo inputs.

and besides this being a bad idea, using just one of the amp's inputs will still only result in mono sound.

I guess if you're really set on having just one cable, Artemiy's idea of using the headphones and stereo splitter would be best. Albeit, the sound quality will suffer.
OhioBuckeye

Post by OhioBuckeye »

I'm not truly saying a Y-cable per say. I'm thinking there must be cables that are two independent cables connected together. This would remove the mess of having two individual 20' cables and be a lot clearner with a connected set.

So it would be two 1/4 to two 1/4 connections

OB
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Hey that's a pretty smart idea! Almost like a cable snake. Honestly, I've never seen one.

However, there are 1/4" stereo adapters. Two of these and a TRS cable for the run should have you set.

http://www.google.com/products?q=hosa+ypp-136

or... I just picked up a catalog and looked. A dual cable is cheaper and less connections(varying lengths cpp 201(3ft) - cpp 206(20ft)).

http://www.google.com/products?q=hosa+cpp-206
OhioBuckeye

Post by OhioBuckeye »