AX Synth Battery

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
gius.prenc

AX Synth Battery

Post by gius.prenc »

Hi.

Just got an AX Synth and I am quite happy with it. The only issue I am having is with the duration of the batteries.

I am using 2700mah NiMH AA batteries, and they last about 2.5 hours (that is quite below the 6 hours stated on Roland web site).

I was wondering if there is any battery pack, or kind of batteries that last more.

Thanks.

Regards,

Giuseppe.
Raccoon_

Re: AX Synth Battery

Post by Raccoon_ »

Hi!

I'm using Energizer 2450 rechargeable batteries. I haven't maesured it but I think it's even more than 6 hours in my case. But maybe I'm wrong?
OhioBuckeye

Post by OhioBuckeye »

Hey I'm curious. You're not plugging it in via USB right? I've read that can suck juice quickly actually.
gius.prenc

Post by gius.prenc »

Hi,

no, it is not connected via USB; just playing regularly connected to my audio wireless device. Actually, I managed to reach 4 hours (using a better charger), but no more than that.

4 hours is ok for me, but I will try with the Energizer: probably the kind of battery is also important!!

Thanks.

G.
OhioBuckeye

Post by OhioBuckeye »

I'm curious what audio wireless device are you using. I've been looking at the Line 6 line so far.

OB
gius.prenc

Post by gius.prenc »

I am using a wireless device I already had, that I bought few years ago on Thomann.de:

http://www.thomann.de/it/the_tbone_tws16pt_800mhz.htm

Probably it is not the best out there, but it is not expensive and it is ok for me.

Regards,

G.