On the Subject of a Lucina Editor

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
RockKeyboards

On the Subject of a Lucina Editor

Post by RockKeyboards »

... I strapped one on at Sam Ash the other day and liked it. I just joined an 80s cover band for fun and money, and we have a lot of tunes where it will fit perfectly. I was surprised at how much I liked the feel/balance of the Lucina, and there are many useable 80s patches. I would've walked out of the store with it if I knew it had an editor.

Specifically, on one of the lead sounds, I needed to open the filter cutoff all the way, and the only way to do it was with the D-Beam. That's all I want... filter cutoff, resonance and the ability to save my changes to "Favorites".

Someone PLEASE tell me this is coming.... ;-)
RockKeyboards

Re: On the Subject of a Lucina Editor

Post by RockKeyboards »

Well, I called Roland tech support to check on any plans for an editor just for kicks. First, I got the distinct impression that I was bothering the guy. Then, he said that "they" (Japan) don't tell "them" (him) anything about what's in development. Fair enough, but if you're a customer service person, for cripe's sake, at least PRETEND to care. Maybe an offer to check into it and call back?

That call was not monitored or recorded for quality purposes ;-)

I wonder if they're hiring....
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

There are only a few editable parameters and they all respond to midi cc data.
Hook it up via USB and send cc data from your DAW then save to favourites.
There's your home made editor.

Cheers

B4D
RockKeyboards

Post by RockKeyboards »

Forgive me, I'm somewhat of a MIDIot...

So if I'm using my Motif XS7 as a DAW, and I jack up the cutoff, for example, from there, I can save it to Favorites on the Lucina and it'll hold?

Can the same be done by just opening the cutoff with the D-Beam and then saving it to Favorites?

Thanks for the reply, BTW!
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

My apologies. I gave you some wrong info.
You can only save changes made on the synth itself via it's internal menu.
Not changes transmitted via MIDI.
The good news is that you can change cutoff, res, port time, attack, release etc. and save them.

Cheers

B4D
TheBigE

Post by TheBigE »

I believe that you can only save any changes to the 12 user assignable button locations, 6 on the A button, 6 on the B button). You cannot change the original supplied sounds other than by saving them to those 12 user assignable buttons.
So the most 'custom' sounds that you can have is 12.
RockKeyboards

Post by RockKeyboards »

Yes, indeed. Picked up the Lucina and was able to modify cutoff/resonance, volume, 'verb and write to user "favorite" locations. That's all I was asking for from the unit and am very happy! First Lucina gig tomorrow night in a fun 80s band. Time to get my Greg Hawkes on!!